Band Du Lac: One Night Only - Live (2006)  DVD9

Video: NTSC, MPEG-2 at 6 555 Kbps, 720 x 480 at 29.970 fps
Audio: AC-3 2ch. at 224 Kbps, AC-3 6ch. at 448 Kbps, DTS 6ch. at 755 Kbps
Menu: Yes
Time: 128 min.
Size: 7,68 GB
Copy: 1:1

Citace:
The Band Du Lac is Gary Brooker's brainchild. A random collection of concerned musicians and celebrities both past and present, these good-natured guys and gals get together under the famous keyboardist's tutelage for various charitable events, playing before black-tie crowds in hopes of coercing a few extra pounds out of their pockets. Assisting such well-meaning organizations as the King Edward VII Hospital and HASTE (Heart and Stroke Trust Endeavor), the founding father of Procol Harum has called upon friends like Eric Clapton, Bob Geldof, Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford, Roger Taylor, Ringo Starr, and Andy Fairweather Low to aid in these star-studded showcases.
As a souvenir of the concert-going experience, One Night Only Live is a middling musical experience. The only artist running on all six skill cylinders is Eric Clapton, and even then he appears on auto pilot some of the time. Ringo Starr is so sharp during his three songs that he often sounds a full half-step above the melody. Brooker brings down the house with his rendition of Harum's classic "Whiter Shade of Pale," but it would have been nice to include other favorites like "A Salty Dog" or "Conquistador." Roger Taylor (of Queen fame) argues for his place behind the drum kit as he works his way through three weak numbers.
It's Katie Melua, Brit babe flavor of the moment, who sticks out like a novice sore thumb here. With a voice that's a fragile, shrill instrument and a stage presence consisting exclusively of fashionable clothing and a mass of carefully coiffed curls, she's all style and very, very little substance. In fact, she performs no original music here. Instead, she favors the incredibly receptive crowd with tunes penned by others, including John Mayall ("Crawling Up the Hill") and the man responsible for her sudden ascension to the top of the U.K. charts, musician Mike Batt ("My Aphrodisiac Is You," "The Closest Thing to Crazy"). In some ways, it's like including the adult contemporary version of Britney Spears as part of your charity showcase.
However, the real death knell for this otherwise noble effort is the arrival of the so-called Drifters. Since the original incarnation of the vocal group began in 1953 (!), it is clear that this version contains no founding members. In fact, a little bit of research reveals that this edition represents an offshoot faction of the original band, the result of a split that occurred in the late '60s/ early '70s when money and musical direction divided the group. This U.K. unit had several disco-inspired hits in Britain, yet none of these songs are featured. Instead, in between the hip-hop chants and urbanized audience interaction (lots of "yo, yo, yos!" here), they belt out "Under the Boardwalk" and "Stand by Me." It is safe to say that most of the singers present weren't even born or, if alive, weaned when these songs were first on the charts nd the lame, uninspired karaoke-style singalongs we have to sit through are guaranteed to make old-school sockhoppers weep. Besides, their entire "too cool" bluster just seems wrong here. No one primps and preens around the stage. Clapton is breezy and collected while Ringo throws a few flimsy hand signs, but The Drifters are out to wow the stuffed-shirt audience with their false bravura and it just feels wrong. Indeed, should men out in support of a charity devoted to heart and stroke patients be bouncing around on stage in arch athleticism? The Drifters destroy any semblance of respect one has for the show, leaving Band Du Lac to limp along to its bland band-jam finale.

Tracklist:
01. Tequila [4:30]
02. Paul Carrack: Over My Shoulder [5:34]
03. Eric Clapton: Reconsider Baby [3:51]
04. Eric Clapton: Lay Down Sally [5:00]
05. Paul Carrack: How Long [3:59]
06. Katie Melua: Willie and the Hand Jive [5:28]
07. Katie Melua: Crawling Up a Hill [3:36]
08. Katie Melua: My Aphrodisiac Is You [3:43]
09. Katie Melua: The Closest Thing to Crazy [5:17]
10. Andy Fairweather: Lay My Burden Down [5:58]
11. Roger Taylor: Say it's Not True [3:06]
12. Roger Taylor: Those Were the Days [5:00]
13. Roger Taylor: I Want to Break Free [4:10]
14. Gary Brooker: This World Is Rich [7:19]
15. Ringo Starr: Act Naturally [3:08]
16. Ringo Starr: Photograph [3:55]
17. Ringo Starr: With a Little Help From My Friends [4:18]
18. Gary Brooker: A Whiter Shade of Pale [7:11]
19. Eric Clapton & Chris Barber: Stormy Monday [8:22]
20. The Drifters: Under the Boardwalk [4:11]
21. The Drifters: Stand By Me [3:50]
22. Eric Clapton: Cocaine [5:57]
23. Everyone: I Can't Dance [10:24]

Extra:
- Interviews

Features:
- Direct Scene Access
- Interactive Menu

:-_-:

)..(
Uploaded.net
Jen registrovaní uživatelé mohou vidět odkazy v code. Přihlaste se nebo zaregistrujte ZDARMA.

Uploadable.ch
Jen registrovaní uživatelé mohou vidět odkazy v code. Přihlaste se nebo zaregistrujte ZDARMA.

Turbobit.net

Share-online.biz

Unlimitzone.com

Bitshare.com

Rapidgator.net

Inclusive of 5% data repair
ALL LINKS ARE INTERCHANGABLE

28 srp 2014, 15:46

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina